Vision for the Fame Of God’s Name
- Holy Discontent Leads to Action (1:1-4)
- Rebuilding Requires Vision (1:5-11)
- The ability to see things for what they really are.
- The ability to see what could be but isn’t yet.
- Fulfilling our calling: Living for the fame of God’s Name.
- How would you explain/define “holy discontent”? In what ways did Nehemiah have “holy discontent”? Have you ever experienced “holy discontent”? In what ways? How did “holy discontent” lead you to change or to participate in changing something broken in the world?
- What does Nehemiah’s prayer tell you about Nehemiah’s understanding of God?
- If God has forgiven us of all of our sins, why should confession be a part of our spiritual life?
- Nehemiah had a vision for his people living for the fame of God’s name? What did the walls of Jerusalem have to do with that? We as believers are also called to live for the fame of the name of our Savior Jesus Christ. What does it look like in real life to live for the fame of Jesus’ name?